BIBLIODRAMA AT TENG-AB
By : FR. MARTIN JAGGI
A Rabbi to his students:
“ You know, God’s Word is no doctrine. When we read it or listen to it we will not get wiser than before.
It is not just a voice either (although the voice gets closer to its truth already).
No. God’s word rather is an area, a space, a room.
And we are invited to enter… to grope, to perceive, to feel …. with all fibres of our life, …. what the Word wants to tell us…. here and now! ”
What is Bibliodrama? It is a method of Reading the Word of God in community.
Some like the expression: Bibliodrama is Lectio Divina on stage.
The herald of Bibliodrama in the Mt. Province was Sr. Beata Balaso SIHM, who shared with Fr. Martin a unique experience she made at a National Conference of the Biblical Apostolate back in 1998. Since then Bibliodrama has found a place in Teng-Ab especially since the Bon-Lag clergy including the late Bishop F. Claver S.J. in 2002 went through an annual retreat with the BD-method.
A short summary of mechanics:
1. The warming-up phase :
a) Group warming-up: settling down and getting to know the group
b) Word warming-up: initial contact and context setting on the Biblical text
2. Action phase – different steps in meditating on the Word through movements and play; the Word and life mirroring each other.
3. Review and processing – reflect, keep silence and share on the experience and implications on one’s personal life. Interview and processing individual’s reflections leading to finding wisdom in the expereince and enabling to live it out.
4. Integration – celebrating the experience in liturgy – in prayer and sacraments – and preparing one’s self to share the encounter of the Word in daily life.
1) The shortest in 2 and a half hours
2) One day Bibliodrama
3) Bibliodrama workshop of 3-4 days
4) Basic Bibliodrama Facilitators’ Training of 7 days
5) Advanced Bibliodrama Facilitators’ Training of 7 days
Next Advanced Training: May 29 – June 6
Thalitha Kumi – Play!
Bibliodrama volume 1
by Joy Candelario, Rudi Pohl SVD, Martin Jaggi SMB, Oscar Alunday SVD
available at: Episcopal Commission on the Biblical Apostolate (ECBA)
470 General Luna Street, Intramuros, 1002 Manila
or contact Fr. Martin